Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Sprouted Kitchen Cookbook

This Christmas I was really excited when I received a gift card to anthropologie. I could spend hours in there just day dreaming about how I could decorate my dream home with everything in there and host dinner parties wearing the adorable clothing while I cook and entertain.

I was almost overwhelmed to go in because I was afraid I was going to want everything (which I did). I didn't even make it to the clothing section because I was too giddy about all the things I could get for my home.

I picked up a few books, which I will talk about a lot in here, but I was really excited about the cook book I picked up called "The Sprouted Kitchen".

One of my goals this year is to really try and focus on eating more natural, not processed, good for you foods. I'd love to have a little herb garden, take trips to the farmer's market, and cook nutritious and tasty dishes for friends and family. So this purchase was perfect for helping me head down that road.

After laying in bed sick yesterday, today I was itching to do something interesting, so I decided to take on a recipe or two in the book and cook myself dinner. I picked out the Beer Bean stuffed Poblanos and the Papaya and Red Quinoa salad with Homemade Mexican Caesar Dressing. It was a lot of prep work and a lot of mess for a meal just for myself, but it was oh so worth it. The peppers were stuffed with this delicious mixture of sauteed onions, pinto beans soaked in Negra Modelo beer with a cinnamon and ancho chile blend and then topped with jack and cojita cheese. The salad was probably one of the most flavorful salads I've ever had and it was garnished with fresh papaya, shaved parmesan, red quinoa and a delicious dressing. The recipe called for Macadamia nuts, but I'm not a huge fan, so I switched it up with some crushed cashews instead.

I have tons of leftovers (YAY!) and tons of dishes to clean (BOO!). But I'm loving this cookbook and I can't wait to share more recipes and hopefully I'll get to share them with other people. The only mistake I really made was not wearing some kind of gloves while handling the Poblano peppers, because now my hands are burning from the oil. Whoops.

Totally worth it though.




No comments:

Post a Comment