Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

some time down the road.

my poor neglected blog.

forgive me friends.

i can make up a bajillion excuses. let's just say i've been busy.

i've lost count of what day of the year it is. 78. 82. who knows. and because it's been so long i'm not really sure how to approach writing this post.

i could do a quick run down of the past few weeks. yes, let's do that.

i've booked 5 weddings this year so far. including what will be one of the most beautiful weddings ever, for my brother and his beautiful bride to be. to say that i'm honored to be photographing their wedding is an understatement.

winter does not seem to want to leave. it's like that annoying drunk uncle who just hangs around too long at holidays. listen, winter, you've overstayed your welcome. 12 inches of snow this past sunday. yeahhhh, i'm gonna have to ask you to quit that.

divorce papers are almost done. i have more on that. but that's a separate post. a much more detailed post. a much more emotional post.

two weeks ago i went to a concert on a monday night. besides throwing me off the rest of the week because i tricked myself into thinking it was a friday, it was totally worth it. i went with my friend and her brother to see Dessa and Aby Wolf and i liked it so much that i drove 2 hours away this past friday night to see them again in columbia, mo.

it was kind of a stepping stone for me. i went back and forth all day at work on friday trying to decide if it's what i wanted to do. i would be going alone. i didn't know anyone there. i would most likely have to drive back the same night. i literally did eenie meenie miney mo to decide. for serious. but i stuck with my gut and i did it. and i had a blast. i stood right up in front with an eclectic mix of college students, aspiring rappers, hipsters and well i don't know where i fit in there, but i broke it down and danced and lost myself in the music. and after i spoke with Aby and thanked her for sharing her awesome talent and i made my way back home at 1 am.

it was a stepping stone for me because i proved to myself i could do something that made me happy, even if it required stepping outside of my comfort zone a little. or a lot. i've written before about how i've become accustomed to doing things alone, but there's still some bumps i'm getting over. it felt very freeing to be able to just go and do something for myself, enjoy myself and not worry about the people around me.

in the next few weeks i will be all kinds of busy with spring sessions, engagement sessions, family sessions and my first wedding.

but i'll be completely honest, i'm most excited about my birthday. selfish? maybe. but NIK IS COMING!!!!!!!! i don't think even she understands how excited i am. we've maybe "known" each other for a few months...and i use "known" loosely because we are internet friends. but have you ever met someone and just felt like, dude, i've known them my whole life. they just get you. she and i text back and forth and sometimes its like we read each others' minds because we'll text each other regarding the same matter at the same time.

it's ESPN folks. ESPN.

(name that movie)

i live a pretty solitary life. i get used to it. but man, sometimes i miss doing things with someone. i miss sharing experiences with someone. making memories with someone. so for three days, i get her company, plus her man will be tagging along...dear rob...thank you for being so awesome....

but i'll have someone to go thrifting with. get tattoos with. go out to eat with. run amuck in the city and act a fool. and boy are we going to make the most of those three days. watch out world.

so prepare for Facebook/instagram overload from april 11-13th. and then a giant giant picture overload here too of course.

alright my friends. i'm signing off for now. i have to wake up at the butt crack of dawn tomorrow morning for my kick my ass workout. another new thing i'm doing. and just a little bit about that...while i do it i think...audrey what you were thinking?....when i'm done i think yeaaaaahhhh gurlllll get it. right now i'm in the what you were thinking stages....so i better get to bed so i can actually make it out of bed tomorrow. yeesh.

and a little instagram collage of the past few weeks just to appease your eyes. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment