Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 14, 2013

fourteenth.

make believe.

ok. this should be fun.

this is my life in make believe.

I live here.


This is Asheville, North Carolina. It is pure perfection as far as I'm concerned. Tucked in the mountains of North Carolina, busy enough for the city girl side of me, but secluded enough for that hint of country mouse I have. Streets lined with unique restaurants, kitschy little shops with random knick knacks and microbreweries left and right.

I live in a 3 bedroom house on a quiet little street that is just a 10 minute walk from all the action. My husband and I met at a restaurant while I was visiting NC for a photographers workshop. After a year of long distance dating, I packed up my business and moved to North Carolina. We married a few months later and live here with our two children, Piper Jane and Oliver. Piper Jane being our biological daughter, and Oliver having been adopted from Haiti. Our home is colorful, filled with laughter, music is always playing, and we are always challenging ourselves to try new foods. Our home is an eclectic mix of vintage thrift finds and repurposed elements that give it a stylish, but lived in look.

Our bedroom.

Piper Jane's room.


Oliver's bedroom (yes my son will have a robot nursery.)

Our kitchen (Told you it would be colorful.)

I want my living room to have lots of natural light. I don't like feeling like I live in a cave.


I will have my own space for my photography business and it will reflect my personality and what I want my business to be about, the joy of everyday life.

My clients will be welcome in my home and they will be treated as family or friends. We will laugh and chat about little things, but in the grand scheme of things, we will make connections.



I of course will be doing photography full time while also being a stay at home mom and my husband will have some job in finance or business or marketing of some sorts...(because I need someone a little left brained to keep me in line and balance me.) He will have a creative outlet too though and we will share the joy of being a part of each other's lives. He'll assist me here and there on photo shoots and I'll be his muse for his woodworking projects.

In the summers we will take the time to meet up with my brother and his wife and we will travel together down to the island of St. Lucia where my parents have "retired".  We all know that they never stop working. ;) Dad is running a successful recording studio that caters both to locals and people vacationing on the island, and mom is part of a committee that works to restore historical homes around the island.

This is also the island where my husband and I were married, so returning always brings back great memories.

We spend two weeks there and enjoy time with the locals, go snorkeling, and have backyard barbecues where we grill the finest of fish, fresh from the sea.





Far fetched? Maybe.
But the whole point was to make believe. It's pretty dang good isn't it? Mister Rogers taught me a thing or two about make believe as a kid.

It was fun to step outside of reality for a bit and put all this together. 

Thanks for joining me in my make believe world. 





No comments:

Post a Comment