Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, January 19, 2013

nineteenth.

Today, my goal was to set out and get some fresh air and take my trusty camera along for the ride. I'd say that was accomplished.

I have this itch to want to live somewhere else for a bit. You know, the ocean...the mountains...just to get a taste of something new. But I have this feeling that there's this side of me that will always be drawn back home. I gotta give it up for the STL. We really have an awesome city. The best, I mean, the best sports fans. Going to opening day at Busch Stadium is like a spiritual experience. Nerd alert. I get teary eyed when the clydesdales come out and take their lap around the field. (Sidenote: this year's opening day will not be the same without Stan the Man Musial. Rest in peace, baseball heaven will miss you.)

On top of having amazing fans. We have so many great things to see and do that are for free. That's right F-R-E-E. Zoo? Free. Art Museum? Free. Science Center? Free. Laumeier Sculpture Park? Free. Even places that charge usually, they have time slots that if you go then, it's free. Like the Botanical Gardens. One of the most beautiful places I've ever been. The japanese garden is so serene.

The food. Don't even get me started. My parents always talk about this. We find out about great restaurants from places like Sauce Magazine, create a list, and then try and knock them off the list. But the part that sucks is that none of these restaurants suck, so we have TOO many places to choose from. And if we go back to one we like, we're leaving out a bunch of new places to try.

We have so many unique neighborhoods. The Loop. Central West End. Maplewood. Kirkwood. Tower Grove. Cherokee Street. It's endless.

The winters might be occasionally cruddy, and the summers hot and humid, but we have handfuls of microbreweries to choose from to pop a squat, grab a cold beer and watch a good Cardinal's game to escape from the heat.

And now that I've practically given a Yelp Review for the city of St. Louis, how about I share some of what I did today. Ice carnival in the loop. Awesome. A little unseasonably warm, so the ice sculptures were melting quick, but all around good time. Then Soulard. Oh Soulard. The farmer's market, Mardi Gras preparation, too many delicious restaurants to choose from.

Thank you "global warming" for this taste of spring. I needed the fresh air and Vitamin D something fierce.













No comments:

Post a Comment