Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, January 24, 2013

twenty fourth.



There's a wild thing in all of us.

I have a mini Max that hangs from my rearview mirror. He's there to remind me to be me. He's there to remind me that it's okay to be wild and free. He reminds me to stay inspired. Max was a kid with a wild imagination. He felt abandoned. He felt like he wasn't heard at times. But he conquered that and had wild adventures. He met the Wild Things. Each of them with unique personalities. Each of them with fears. Each of them with hopes of their own. And Max learned to embrace them all.

That's why Max hangs from my mirror. He's a reminder that it's in my best interest to embrace everyone.

These past couple of days on top of battling a dandy little stomach bug, I've been battling a serious insecurity. I'm battling the "not good enough to make it" monster regarding my photography business.

Don't get me wrong, I love what I do. But it's a challenge. It's a saturated market of people getting their hands on a camera and becoming professionals. I'm not one to discourage people if they find something that they love doing. But it's a competitive market. It's a back in forth battle in my head and it can get overwhelming at times. When my calendar isn't completely booked up or things are running slow...it gets tricky to not get down on myself. This is where I have to be Max. This is where I have to run amuck screaming "let the wild rumpus start"and just do my thing. It's where regardless of getting paid or not I grab my camera and conquer the world and love the heck out of it. Why? Because I flipping love being a photographer. Because when I finish taking pictures half of the excitement is going home and getting to share them all with you. Because when I drive around in my car and I see a sunset I get the urge to chase it, even if it takes me down a road that I'm unfamiliar with. Because when I see the world now, I see it differently. 

And that's how I battle that monster and win, because at the end of the day I'm doing something I love more than anything. And I believe in myself. And I know that my photography will take me far. 

Be Max. Lose your inhibitions. Love wildly. Make sacrifices for the sake of the thing you love the most. Embrace those around you for everything that they are. Conquer your fears and "let the wild rumpus start".

No comments:

Post a Comment