Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 7, 2013

seventh.


She looks tired, doesn't she?

Well she should be, she spent all day SLEEPING.

Oh to be a cat for a day. (minus the licking your own butt part.)

Today was a jam packed day. Did the usual 9-5:30 work gig, was super busy all day long, then after work I went to my first Zumba class of the year with my mom. We took it for a long while in the evenings together, but then both of our instructors cancelled their evening classes so we were left stranded. Sad times. Thankfully we have another instructor who has a Monday night class and now we are back on the Zumba train.

It's my favorite way to work out. Sexy dancing for an hour that burns hella calories.

Then after that I went over to my lovely friend Rachel's house to one, see her place (she recently got married) and two, play an awesome dance game on her kinect with some of our friends. We battled it out. Rachel showed off her pineapple moves, I rocked the wednesday night move and Maria and Anna put up a good fight, but the DC crew came in with a strong finish. It was a riot and it was such a good workout too.

My body will be thanking me tomorrow. (insert nervous laughter.)

So, I have this goal in mind as far as weight loss goes. Touché beginning of the year exercise train, right?  But seriously. I have a friend coming to St. Louis who is a phenom photographer, I mean phenom. Other than having fun filled days of awesome (she'll be here on my bday!!) I'm booking a session with her.

Some may ask, well, what will you use the pictures for? Um, me. Because I want to feel good about myself.

I'm sure I could rock it as is, but I want to be super confident and kick ass during the shoot, so I have a goal of losing 20lbs by then. That's four months. 5lbs a month. I can do it.

Losing weight can be overwhelming for me...and really everyone, so I'm setting small weekly goals for myself to help achieve my large goal. That way the weight of the large goal doesn't stress me out each day.

This week my 2 exercise/fitness related goals were:
Drink 8 glasses of water a day
Workout 4 times.

I rocked the 8 glasses of water today...and visited the ladies room quite a bit. Ello, tiny bladder.

I'm 2 workouts in this week...(tonight's could have counted for two...but I'll keep pushing.)

I know that I can do this and I don't want to do it to prove it to anyone but myself. All in all I want to lose about 30-35lbs, but I gotta start somewhere.

And ironically enough, today's "good deed" was to drink 8 glasses of water. Check!

I'm wiped out. I'm gonna snuggle with my FifiMae and watch the newest episode of Downton Abbey...EEEEEEK!

Until tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment