Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

ninth.

I try to set realistic goals for myself as far as what I'm going to accomplish when I come home from work.

And then there are nights like tonight where I say...yeah...ummm, no.

I had grand visions of making Lemon Chicken Orzo for dinner.

Here's how it turned out.


Yep. That was some deeeee-licious Lemon Chicken Orzo.

It just wasn't happening tonight. I had red box movies to return and so I took a different route home tonight and that was a total fail. First it was a train, stopped dead on the tracks. Then it was the longest time I've ever spent at a light. I literally sat through 5 light cycles before I had the chance to turn right and go where I needed to. 15 minutes at one light.

I came home and was irritated and I didn't want to spend half of my night diving into a new recipe. I'll save it for the weekend and maybe a friend will come over and enjoy dinner with me.

Feet are up. Glass of wine in hand. And while I'm going to get some work done still for the photo biz....I'm glad that I can veg out on the couch.

How apropos that today's "One Good Deed" is this:

Take off your cranky pants.

So, pajama pants are on and cranky pants are off. I'm happy to be home. I'm happy to have a belly filled with grilled cheese and red wine....and I'm actually looking forward to putting up some really awesome stuff for my business tonight. You should totally swing by there sometime tonight too.

No comments:

Post a Comment