Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 28, 2013

twenty eighth.

first y'all. the weather today.

incredible. i must admit i got a little giddy when i saw storm clouds forming in the sky. i have an intense love of storms. like, it's almost weird. i want to go tornado chasing. as horrible as it is otherwise, i love love love the movie twister. i get hardcore sucked into severe weather documentaries on netflix. when a storm's a brewin' you'll find me outside waiting for it all to roll in.

tomorrow it's gonna storm and i'm pretty bummed that i work in an office that has zero windows. hopefully it will still be going by the time i get off of work.

secondly, i made one of the best homemade dinners evah tonight and it was so so easy. some of you are already asking for the recipe and no joke, you'll be so giddy to see that it's crazy easy.

i've got plenty of leftovers to get me through a few lunches, and i'm pretty stoked about it. i was pretty close to eating it all tonight.

Homemade chicken and dumplings:

First I baked two large chicken breasts in the oven at 450 for about 15 minutes or until done and juicy in the center. I seasoned them with garlic salt and black pepper and brushed them with olive oil.

For the dumplings it was 2 cups of bisquick mix and 2/3 cup of milk. I seasoned the dumplings as well with the garlic salt and black pepper and then I mixed it together until it got to a doughy consistency.

I brought 4 cups of swanson chicken broth to a boil and added 1 chopped carrot and 1/2 of a white onion chopped. I then took small spoonfuls of the dumpling mix and dropped it into the broth. They expand quite a bit so if they are too big, you can break it up with a fork or spoon. I then reduced the heat to a simmer and added my chicken. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes, and then covered for another 10 and voila. Super delicious chicken and dumplings.

I had some dough left so I just dropped it on to an ungreased baking sheet and baked the drop biscuits in the oven for about 8 minutes at 450.

Seriously, super easy, super hearty and super delicious! Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. Yessss! I use make mine almost exactly the same way and it is such a great "hungry and tired" dinner. I don't know how I would live without Jiffy!

    ReplyDelete