Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 21, 2013

Twenty first.

This will be short, but hopefully sweet. Having fat thumbs doesn't bode well when trying to type a blogpost from your phone.

So many of you know that I love tattoos. I got hooked. Well I'm itching to get another one, but I'm proud of myself because I haven't gotten one in months now. That's a big deal for me.

But I'm getting another one in the next couple of months and it might just be my most favorite one yet.

When I got the phone call that my Papa had been diagnosed with cancer, my world stopped. I was driving and I can remember exactly where I was. I began to hyperventilate and I had to pull over on the side of the highway. My Papa is my teddy bear. He's one of the few male figures in my life that really makes me feel treasured. He's a gentle soul who loves his family with all of his heart. He'd give anything for any one of us and he has already sacrificed so much.

The thought of losing him shook my world to pieces.

Thankfully I can say that he is all finished with his chemo and he fought and overcame. He still has health issues that he struggles with from complications from treatments, but he is still in my life and for that I am ever thankful to God.

I knew I wanted to do something tattoo wise that would represent my relationship with my Papa. There have been numerous times where he pulls me in to his arms and hugs me so tight he's almost trembling and whispers in my ear, "you'll never know how precious you are to me".

Thinking about him saying it brings me to tears.

So I've decided to get those words tattooed across my forearm in his handwriting so I will always have him near me.

When I told him about it, he chuckled and said "my handwriting is not the prettiest."

That doesn't matter, Papa. It will still be beautiful.



No comments:

Post a Comment