Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 4, 2013

fourth.

In the past couple of years I have become more of a home body. I used to be the queen social butterfly. I was always doing something with friends. You couldn't keep me home for two hours straight.

Then life catches up and people get busy and well, you can't walk the halls of Crestwood mall every waking hour with your friends because of two reasons. One, you have jobs and responsibilities. And two, Crestwood mall is now a ghost town.

My lack of social life doesn't mean that I don't have dear friendships that I cherish very much and it makes spending time with those people even more sweet. There are some friends though that hold a special place in my heart and I haven't even had the chance to spend time with them in person.

Today's One Good Deed was:

Send a thank you note to a friend.

I have a friend. She's a kind soul. Sweet as honey. Beautiful. Compassionate to a fault. We've never met in person. I feel that if we did, we would be attached at the hip. Sometimes you just have this kindred spirit feeling and I get that with her. She exudes southern charm and grace. I wanted to thank her for her friendship, but I wanted to give her something a little more than just a thank you note.

She has a beautiful baby girl on the way which I cannot wait to "meet". Her momma and her whole world is going to shower her with such love. I so wish that I could go be with my friend and spend time with her and her sweet baby, but the miles and the money keep us distant. So I'm gonna love her from afar.

Miss Ra, I made you a little something for Miss Lena James as a way of saying "I love you and thank you for your friendship." I'll get it in the mail tomorrow for you.

You are wonderful, and you are loved.

(Fifi wanted to model along side.)


No comments:

Post a Comment